TechSoft created 2D Design for users who require sophisticated drawing and design features, but don’t want to spend a lifetime learning to use
them. 2D Design is the CAD standard for the vast majority of UK secondary schools. Whether you need to produce colourful textile print or
embroidery designs, technical drawings of textile products or graphical presentation sheets, 2D Design V2 has been carefully developed to give
you all the tools you need – and all in one place.
2D Design V2 offers thousands of exciting options for combining vector drawing with text, bitmaps, photographs or clip-art to create stunning
textile/graphic products. Comprehensive editing tools allow any image to be clipped to size and shape; bitmap images can be converted into a
vector drawing; individual font characters can be customised; colour fills can be single colour, graduated, texture or pattern, etc. The options are
- Choose a texture fill from the extensive library and use it to model a design idea with a photograph of the fabric/material it will be made from.
- Use the pattern fill to manipulate pupil’s own design ideas into repeating patterns ready for sublimation printing.
- Draw and colour a design or logo ready to be sent to embroidery software.
- Develop intricate designs using the contour tool ready for laser cutting.
- Create exciting images for cutting out of heat applied textile vinyls.
Technical Drawing and Pattern Development
2D Design V2 has an extensive range of tools that will enable you to accurately draw and dimension anything – from a product to garment “flats” ready
for specification sheets. All the line-geometry, transformation, edit, attach and dimensioning tools are there. Layers can be used over original line
drawings in order to add colour, pattern, dimensioning or to output to CAM machines.
“2D Design has the best combination of powerful tools and ease of use available”
Develop pattern blocks from photographs – simply trace around one half, mirror copy and use the alter size function to generate the correct
Modelling garment design ideas is easy – cut out miniature pattern blocks to half or quarter scale from card on a knife-cutting machine. Replace
the blade with a pen and emulate industrial practice by plotting your lay plan – easy to draw using 2D Design V2.
2D Design V2 really is a hassle free way to output to CAM machinery.